This is a place where you can find out more about some useful things related to jazz music and everything related to jazz. This is for instrumentalists, vocalists, critics, and all who are at least curious about all that jazz...

Friday, January 9, 2009

Be positive!

Recently, I went to a jazz workshop and had some wonderful teachers. The thing is that in Croatia there are no jazz schools, and naturally, if you want to learn something you need to attend various workshops or seminars, wherever you find them. So I went to this workshop and of course I needed to be focused and learn as much as I could! It's so hard to get any education here so when I do I don't feel like wasting any time on unnecessary things. Ah well... it turned out that I am soooo critical that I was perceived as a really focused girl, and quite negative! ME??? Negative?? No way! I'm certainly optimistic and always look on the bright side of life! :) Well, maybe not then and there. I was quite shocked to find out that I turned into this very critical person, not only self-critical but critical of everything and everyone. I hate negative people and negative comments and this is certainly not the person I wanted to become. But if I would have the attitude that I am amazing and everything was great I would never improve!! How can I believe I am good when I know I could be much better. My motto is - always strive to be better! :) You can never say you know everything, cause there are so many things to learn. Being humble and good is always better than being egoistic and arrogant. Be always critical but never let the negative attitude overwhelm you and others around you!

Respect the musicians you work with, give them space to express themselves, always listen to each other and communicate! And remember to give constructive criticism. Don't judge!

Try to better but stay positive! :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice post. writing style is like pretty good. Thank for sharing.
digital cameras