This is a place where you can find out more about some useful things related to jazz music and everything related to jazz. This is for instrumentalists, vocalists, critics, and all who are at least curious about all that jazz...

Friday, June 8, 2007

Jazz workshops


Living in Croatia I have realized that there were not any jazz workshops around! Until I went to Sarajevo to my first jazz workshop. Anyway, after that workshops became a regular thing for me because it was the only way I could learn something about jazz. I got in touch with some people and these guys do great workshops on an international level, meaning that you can participate no matter where you come from and on top of everything - on a really nice location! :)

Anyways, I thought I could give them a spotlight on my new blog so here it is. Global Music Foundation, a non-profit organisation founded by professional musicians who offer the opportunity to anyone who'd like to learn more about music and jazz through workshops. This year they have several interesting topics and locations on the menu, such as:

The Percussion Summer School in Leeds, UK
Tuscany Jazz Vocal Summer School in Certaldo, Italy
Rhythms of the world - Samba, in Certaldo, Italy
Tuscany International Jazz Summer School & Arts Festival, Certaldo, Italy
International Seminar of Jazz and Latin Music - Benicasim, Spain

These are just some of the activities that you might enjoy! I think there is enough for everyone! :)

Global Music Foundation

No comments: